June Writing Competition
- Prize: $75
- Deadline: June 2nd, 2017 @ midnight (if this date differs from the date on the poster, the date on the posters is the actual deadline date)
- To enter, post a story, poem, etc. on this website with “Contest” written in parentheses. It would also help to add your story to the contest category (please also label as short story, etc.)
- Format: TITLE (Contest)
- If the entry is approved, it will show up publicly. If it not, please contact Mr. Slivinski.
- Only one submission can be made.
- Previously written posts may be used.
- Example: a grade 11 submits a post written in grade 8
- Example 2: edit a post already on the website with “Contest” in the title.
- Please read the new members guide to setting up an account and posting. If you don’t use your real name, we can’t award you a prize.
- The topic for June is: Journey
- Feel free to manipulate the topic as much as you want. How you interpret the topic is up to you as the writer.
General Submission Rules
to be safe do not use profanity, take the Lord’s name in vain, or hate speech
- Do not alter the likes and dislikes (rating system) of your post. It has no bearing in contests whatsoever, and is there just for fun.
- Try to have proper grammar and spelling.
- Post what you enjoyed making, not just for the sake of posting.
- Do not plagiarise.
- Any images you use must be images you would happily show to your English teacher and grandmother.
- Be nice in the comments. Only give criticism and feedback when it’s asked for.
- For personal reflections, avoid using people’s real names. Changing Donald Trump to Tonald Drump isn’t good enough.
- Anything that doesn’t follow the above will not be approved for publishing.